Saturday 10 September 2011

Hmm which livid moment to pick first? Attention seekers I think

I'll pick attention seekers because in all honesty its the easiest to write about. I don't know if its due to age or the constant stream of lessons but schools seem to have a disproportional number of attention seekers to the rest of the population. 


There was always the one boy who thought he was funny and felt the need to shout stuff out to the teacher, but they didn't annoy me because personally I thought they were hilarious and even now, years later, I chuckle about a teacher being called an oompa loompa, mainly because she interpreted it as racist and believed she was being called a chocolate man, rather than the short, strange person that she was.

The attention seekers that really got on my nerves were usually girls who craved the attention and fuss of everyone flapping around them. The would enter the room, flip their hair in a tragic fashion, making sure the entire class noticed of course and then sat in the corner pretending to be s overcome with sadness that they were completely unable to function like everybody else and get their own books and stationary out. 
This theater production was usually followed by a group or girls gagging for gossip all cooing around her and asking her 'whats the matter?', because obviously something big must of happened for her to be so upset, such as her grandmother's hip being so badly damaged after a fall that she will be restricted to a wheelchair for the rest of her life, but no.The only thing that miss attention seeker replies with is 'oh, nothing'. This response id first genuine thing in the room since she entered because it IS nothing, she just wants attention. After 20 minutes of note passing and sympathetic glances she decides to whisper it to her best friend which of course makes everybody want to know all the more. Eventually she decides to spurt some cock and bull story about something pathetic like 'I think *a completely oblivious person* doesn't like me any more'. 



EXCUSE ME?! I've wasted 40 minutes of my life and education fussing around you for THAT?! Livid, livid, livid. One girl in a particular always went too far though, I'll name her umm Gertrude because I don't think she deserves a nice name, once when a few of us fell out with her, her mum developed a mysterious cancer which magically disappeared when we began to talk to her again, this same person also lied and said her dad hit her and that a boy broke into her changing room at ballet and attempted to attack her. I don't know which is worse, the attention seeking or the lies, but either way it makes me LIVID!


No comments:

Post a Comment